What Is An Implant-Supported Overdenture?
An Implant-Supported Overdenture is a contemporary dental restoration that has revolutionized the way oral surgeons and dentists think of replacing a full set of teeth.
Standard dentures are unsecured prostheses with inherent limitations. Most often, dentures are painful, inconvenient and unstable. Such dentures can make chewing foods difficult, limiting the foods that you once enjoyed.
Modern dentistry can help with implant-supported dentures. The Implant-Supported Overdenture treatment replaces your missing teeth with a full dental bridge supported by dental implants.
Are You Ready to Receive Quality Dental Care?
Benefits of Dental Implant-Supported Dentures
- Fewer implants are needed and overall treatment time and cost is reduced.
- An Implant-Supported Overdenture solution also ensures greater stability in the bone, reducing the need for bone graft surgery to increase bone volume.
- Implant-supported overdentures stay connected with bar and clip attachment methods or use a variety of abutment-based attachments (ball, magnets, and resilient stud attachments such as Locators). The most appropriate attachment system for your individual needs relates to a variety of factors that is determined early in the treatment.
- Typically, a temporary set of teeth can be placed on the same day of surgery. The temporary teeth allow you to lead a normal life immediately after surgery.
- After a short healing period, your dentist will place the final bridge. Your quality of life is improved, and you can start enjoying your favorite foods again with renewed confidence.
Advantages of the Dentures on Implants Option
Scientifically proven and documented. Implant Supported Overdentures have had good clinical outcomes from decade long studies with favorable results. Call us today with your questions! Manteca Oral Surgery Office Phone Number 209-823-9371